Oklahoma City’s Leading Asphalt Shingle Roofers
Asphalt shingle roofs are the most common roofing option homeowners choose because it’s durable, affordable, and comes with tons of options to match the architecture of your home! Tusk Roofing specializes in asphalt shingle roofing because we want to provide the best roofing solutions, at competitive prices, for Oklahoma City and surrounding areas.
We are committed to being your leading resource in all things roofing, especially asphalt shingle roofing. We’ve worked in hundreds of homes, using high-quality materials and superb craftsmanship so that your roof is done right from the very beginning. Once we’ve completed your new roof, it will be good to go for the next couple of decades!
Is it time to fix up or replace your asphalt shingle roof? Come check out all of the options we have available by scheduling an inspection today!
Brands We Work With
We offer products from a variety of brands so that you have tons of options to choose from: Malarkey, Owens Corning, GAF, Atlas, CertainTeed, and Tamko. These are the leading manufacturers in the roofing industry, each with stellar reviews and unique styles and patterns. Let us know your vision for your home and we will help you narrow down the selection! We promise—you’ll be sure to find the perfect match to complement your home!
Types of Asphalt Shingle Roofs We Install
There are three types of asphalt shingles to consider: three-tab asphalt shingles, architectural, and premium asphalt shingles.
Three-tab Asphalt Shingles
Three-tab shingles are the most basic type of asphalt shingle. They are cut in one piece but made to look like three shingles. Out of all the asphalt shingle options available, three-tab shingles will have the flattest design.
Architectural Asphalt Shingles
More homeowners are choosing architectural shingles for their homes because they have more dimension and are thicker compared to three-tab shingles. Not only does this mean make your home look better, but it also provides a more durable roof that will last longer!
Premium Asphalt Shingles
If you are looking for a high-end roof at a budget-friendly price, premium or luxury shingles are a great option. You can find asphalt shingles that look like cedar shakes or slate! Although premium asphalt shingles don’t come with the same benefits as those high-end materials, they are still made to be very durable and can last for over 30 years.
Asphalt shingle technology has come a long way in the past decade, which means there are asphalt shingle options that are extremely resistant to hailstorms and other impact-causing conditions. If you want to give your home the best chance against the next storm, we’d love to go over the impact-resistant shingle options available with you!
The Pros and Cons of Asphalt Shingle Roofing
Pros of Asphalt Shingles
- Affordability: Asphalt shingles are a no-brainer for homeowners on a budget. With proper installation and maintenance, a quality roof doesn’t have to break the bank.
- Color Options: It comes in a wide variety of colors, ranging from neutrals to statement colors. Depending on how much you want to spend, you can even choose asphalt shingle roofing that looks like wood or slate.
- Simple Installation: Asphalt shingle roof repair is simple and cost-effective!
Cons of Asphalt Shingles
- Not Environmentally Friendly: Asphalt shingles are not recyclable since they can release harmful emissions. As the shortest roof lifespan, asphalt shingles contribute a lot of waste.
- Susceptible to Weather: Wide-ranging temperatures and extreme weather conditions can cause cracks and warping of some asphalt shingle types.
Shingle Roof FAQs