Your roof looks out for you, so it is crucial that you look out for your roof just as much.
You may be wondering, how often should I get my roof inspected? Or it might be something that has never crossed your mind and that is okay! We are here to help and guide you along the way.
The standard rule of thumb is to have your roof inspected twice a year. Once in the Spring and once in the Fall – prior to the intense seasons that typically follow in Oklahoma. It is important to catch minor problems before matters get worse. Your roof is capable of a very long lifespan if it is well maintained.
Other signs that it might be time for you to get a roofing inspection:
- If you have never had a roofing inspection completed at your current home.
- If you have been in your current home for over a year and have never had a roof inspection or if you have been in your home for years and can’t remember the last time your roof was inspected then it is time for a roof inspection. Your roof protects your home and your family, so it is a good idea to rule out any potential issues and to give yourself peace of mind by scheduling a roof inspection.
- If you are buying a new home.
- If the seller did not provide documentation of a roof inspection, then it is a good idea to schedule a roof inspection. Most home warranties will cover repairs for the first year or two, so it is a good idea to schedule your home inspection as soon as possible.
- If you are selling your home.
- A new roof can increase the curb appeal of your home as well as the value of your home! Even if there is not any damage found to your roof this is something that the realtor could tell your potential buyers to ensure trust and relief that they do not need to worry about a new roof. High winds, heavy rain, hail, and even tree limbs are all elements that can cause
If you have recently endured a big storm.
High winds, heavy rain, hail, and even tree limbs are all elements that can cause significant damage to your roof. There might not be any problems, there may be small problems or there may be large problems that require immediate action. Regardless, it is important to treat it as an emergency and have a professional inspect your roof for potential damage.
If you happen to notice damage such as missing shingles or dents.
If you notice damage on your roofs such as missing shingles or dents then it is a good idea to schedule a roof inspection as soon as possible. What looks like a minor problem can easily turn into an emergency situation if quick action is not taken.
Time to schedule a roof inspection?
Here at TUSK Roofing, we offer free, no-obligation roof inspections. Visit us at www.tuskroofs.com or on our Facebook page to schedule your roof inspection and prioritize your roof needs to protect your home and your family for many years to come.