If you are looking for a long-lasting roofing material that will last for the remainder of your home ownership, look no further than concrete or clay tile. This amazing product can last upwards of 50+ years when properly installed and maintained. This product is one of the oldest roofing materials and has spanned decades due to its durability and lifespan.
What will a new tile roof cost in Oklahoma City? Homeowners can expect to pay between $7,000 and $30,000, depending on the size of the roof, the type of tile chosen, the pitch of the roof, and several other factors. A new tile roof in Oklahoma City will cost between $700 and $1000 per square.
10 square roof: $7,000 to $10,000
15 square roof: $10,500 to $15,000
20 square roof: $14,,000 to $20,000
25 square roof: $17,500 to $25,000
30 square roof: $21,000 to $30,000
What types of tile does Tusk Roofing in Oklahoma City install?
Clay Tile Roofing
- Longevity: Clay tiles are longer lasting than other roofing materials. These roofs can have a longevity of nearly 100 years. They are built to be nearly indestructible and resistant to the elements.
- Low Maintenance: Many other roofing materials require regular maintenance, cleaning, and inspections. Clay tile seems to be a “set it and forget it” type of roofing material. They are built to last!
- Durability: A beautiful attribute of clay is that they do not rot and are insect-resistant. They remain structurally reliable and stunning for years to come.
- Insulation – An advantage to clay tiles is that air can freely circulate beneath the tiles, regulating the rooftop temperatures, and maintaining comfortable indoor temperatures.
- Weather Resistant – Other types of roofing materials must expand and contract with the changing weather conditions. Clay beautifully maintains the roof’s integrity through the ability to withstand hot and cold weather events.
Concrete Tile Roofing
- Durability: Similar to clay, this type of tile roofing can last an extremely long time.
- Withstand Nature – Hailstorms, strong rainstorms, rot, insect damage, and fire don’t hold much up against concrete tile. You will never have to worry about a safe strong roof over your head when you rely on concrete tiling.
- Variety: Another beautiful attribute of concrete tiling is the variety of colors and styles the homeowner can choose from. The possibilities are endless!
- Low Maintenance – Again, similar to clay, there is minimal maintenance that needs to be addressed with a concrete tile roof.
- Noise-Controlling – Ah, the peace and quiet atmosphere of a home with a concrete tile roof! Concrete tile has a noise-canceling feature that keeps the racket of the neighborhood outside where it needs to stay.
What are some other benefits to keep in mind about tile roofing?
This type of roofing system will probably be the last one you purchase for your existing home. As noted above, the track record for the duration is over 50 years and can last even as long as 100 years. Tile roofs are attractive to the future homebuyer and the wise choice you make in this roofing material can be passed on to future generations.
This material is highly resistant to fire, hail, high winds, rot, and insect damage. Unlike wood, a tiled roof will never decay. The tile has an extra layer of protection built in, as it offers an outer shell that repels water.
Roof tiles come in a variety of styles and colors to suit your particular home design. Perhaps you prefer a color to complement your siding. Perhaps you desire to match your home style, ranging from medieval to contemporary European. The options are vast and varied.
Tile roofing materials are made from earth materials, not synthetic. They are made from natural, renewable materials and manufactured without toxic chemicals. The materials used to make tile roofing do not deplete natural resources, and the waste generated from its manufacture can be recycled. Plus, due to the duration of life of tile roofing, landfills do not get clogged with material. This is the obvious choice for the green-conscious homeowner.
Your energy bills can be reduced by up to 20% when tile roofing is installed. An airtight barrier created by natural ventilation will help keep the temperatures in your home comfortable. Concrete tiles reflect more heat away from your home than other commonly used roofing materials.
Energy savings, beauty, long-lasting, and earth-friendly are attributes hard to beat when it comes to roofing materials. It almost seems too good to be true! But the experts at Tusk Roofing in Oklahoma City will prove to you it is indeed possible to have it all with tile roofing. They can assist you in choosing the right design and material to fit your budget. (Upgrade your curb appeal with new sidings! Check our article about new siding cost in Oklahoma City.)
We are the best choice for all your residential and commercial roofing needs. Contact us today and let’s discuss the possibilities of a tile roof.